Crawl spaces under homes can create enormous headaches for homeowners. Because of the naturally high humidity levels of soil, these spaces are susceptible to moisture and deterioration. Damp environments are unhealthy, harbor mold, and create an ideal living space for pests.
Without a conditioned crawl space, you could run into some significant problems.
Think this damp space is isolated and doesn’t affect the interior of your home? Think again. The natural airflow of a home is from bottom to top (ground to sky). As your home naturally breathes, the moist air (and everything in it) flows up and into the living areas of the home.
Proper sealing and crawl space insulation in your home can lead to multiple wins:
- Create a more comfortable and healthier living environment for you and your family
- Reduce energy costs by not having to heat or cool the air from the crawl space that is pulled into your home due to natural airflow
- Add storage by creating a clean and dry space underneath your home
THERE ARE TWO STEPS TO PROPERLY AIR SEAL AND INSULATE A CRAWL SPACE:
1. Floor Liner
- Seals out moisture and soil gases
- Unaffected by storage items and human traffic
- We utilize a multi-ply 6, 12, or 20 mil poly liner that has a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty
2. Spray Foam or Rigid Foam Insulation
- Allows the walls of the crawl space to breathe
- No nesting support for insects or rodents
- Does not support mold growth
- Can be installed to your specific choice of crawl space insulation R-value