Think this damp space is isolated and doesn’t affect the interior of your home? Think again. The natural airflow of a home is from bottom to top (ground to sky). As your home naturally breathes, the moist air (and everything in it) flows up and into the living areas of the home.
By properly air sealing and insulating your home’s crawl space, you win in many ways:
- Create a comfortable and healthier living environment for you and your family
- Save on energy costs by not having to heat or cool the air from the crawl space that is pulled into your home due to natural air flow
- Add storage space by creating a clean and dry space underneath your home
There are two steps to properly air seal and insulate a crawl space:
1. Floor Liner
- Seals out moisture and soil gases
- Unaffected by storage items and human traffic
- We utilize a multi-ply 6, 12 or 20 mil poly liner that has a 25-year manufacturer’s warranty
2. Spray Foam or Rigid Foam Insulation
- Allows the walls of the crawl space to breathe
- No nesting support for insects or rodents
- Does not support mold growth
- Can be installed to your specific choice of R-value
Have questions about your crawl space? Give us a call.